Healthcare services are always poised on a delicate balance, having to meet the growing demand for quality healthcare with that of contradictory demands placed on them by various sectors. The demand to provide quality services has always has been needed to be balanced against profitability and the need to meet statutory demands. One of the other factors that is vital in the delivery of healthcare services is the need to maintain the security of confidential patient information.
Due to the varied demands placed on the healthcare sector a prudent option for healthcare facilities and healthcare professionals is to concentrate on their core competence and outsource other related areas to competent service providers. One such aspect that benefits from being outsourced is medical transcription. Medical transcription is the process of creating patient medical records from the dictation of the patient – healthcare professional encounter. The information from these records is then used for providing patient care, receivables management and risk management.
Outsourced medical transcription services provide services that mitigate most of the concerns that healthcare facilities and healthcare professionals have in this regard:
- Maintaining quality: The quality of the information captured in the patient record needs to be accurate to ensure proper care. Moreover detailed information in the patient medical record also ensures better coding and billing. Having the entire sequence of care documented also acts as protection in case of litigation. Outsourced medical transcription services ensure high accuracy levels using skilled personnel and stringent processes, mitigating many of the concerns in this regard
- Meeting turnaround time: For the information in patient medical records to be useful for all aspects – care management, receivables management and risk management it needs to be available on a timely basis. Medical transcription companies ensure prompt turnaround time by using a combination of skilled personnel, the right processes and technology to ensure this.
- Reducing costs: With spiraling costs and stationery level of reimbursements, controlling costs is one of the major concerns of healthcare facilities and healthcare professionals. Outsourcing medical transcription mitigates this concern by providing quality services with savings of as much as 40% as against in-house transcription. Outsourcing also enables healthcare facilities to cut down overhead costs.
- Ensuring easy to use technology: Another major concern for healthcare facilities and healthcare professionals with regard to medical transcription is that of technology that is difficult to use. Medical transcription service providers mitigate this concern by using advanced technology that provides all the benefits while still remaining easy to use.
- Mitigating security concerns: Maintaining the confidentiality of patient information is essential for healthcare facilities and healthcare professionals. Outsourcing medical transcription to the right service provider mitigates this concern by protecting this data at all levels using secure technology, secure infrastructure, maintaining stringent measures to protect infrastructure and educating people on the need to meet HIPAA and HITECH compliance.
Outsourcing medical transcription mitigates many of the concerns of healthcare facilities and healthcare professionals in this regard. Not only that outsourced medical transcription companies also provide services with additional benefits like transcription services for varying volumes, editing & proofreading services for back end speech recognition software and HL7 interface for EMR adoption.
TransDyne, a leader in the outsourced medical transcription industry has used their extensive background in information technology and their experience in serving the needs of the healthcare sector to provide affordable and integrated medical transcription solutions.
TransDyne offers quality medical transcription at reasonable prices, executed by experienced and qualified medical transcriptionists with a very quick turnaround time executed through secure HIPAA and HITECH compliant channels, with very high levels of accuracy and all this with technology that is advanced but easy to use!
To avail complete medical transcription services from TransDyne, click here.