Online medical transcription is the process of transcribing patient records by converting audio files dictated by the health professional of the patient-physician meeting into text format. Medical transcription is a crucial ingredient of the health management process offering inputs for the functional as well as economical considerations of medical care.
However medical transcription is a expert skill that requires the right combination of people skills & know-how, the optimum equipments and the optimum process to meet the standards of being correct, fast, safe and effortless to use.
One easy answer to ensure that patient records are correctly, promptly and safely produced, while still containing costs is to outsource voice transcription to an seasoned online medical transcription service provider. By contracting out medical transcription to a transcription vendor, healthcare facilities can gain from on the online medical transcription service provider’s experience and expertise.
How does sub contracting online medical transcription help healthcare practices gain from the service provider’s track record and know-how?
To understand how contracting out supports healthcare practices take advantage on the service provider’ experience and proficiency, it is vital to understand what are the elements of accurate, quick, secure and cost-effective voice transcription.
The elements accurate, prompt, secure and cost-effective online medical transcription are:
Teams: The standard of voice transcription is reliant on the standard of transcriptionists to a sizeable level. Building up the optimum pool would basically concern the following activities:
- Recruitment: Sourcing and recruiting the right talent
- Training: Developing the talent to deliver the best caliber work
- Allocation of work: Work allocation to medical transcriptionists should be based on the specialties they have been trained on, to make sure of optimum accuracy and turnaround time.
By sub contracting voice transcription, health facilities essentially have access to the optimum people without actually having to through the process of sourcing, recruiting, training transcriptionists. Health facilities can gain from on the human resource development skills and know-how of the service provider.
Technology: Software and tools performs an important responsibility by accelerating up the exercise, securing the information during the transcription method and saving time of the healthcare professionals and support staff. The responsibility of information technology in medical transcription includes:
- Dictation: Capturing the narration of the physicians by numerous modes
- Uploading: Uploading dictation files for transmission to the transcription vendor
- Downloading: Retrieving finished reports
- Distribution: Distribution of patient records to health professionals
- Archives: Retrieving old files from the system
- Additional plus points: Features like electronic signature, remote printing & faxing, HL7 interface etc
- Security: Provisions like encryption, virus protection, firewalls etc
- Speed: To make sure of fast delivery time.
Outsourcing online medical transcription services allows healthcare practices to gain from on the technology developed by the medical transcription company to avail benefits like speed, safety and ease of deployment.
Procedures: Online medical transcription is required to follow a specific process to be prompt, correct, protected and cost-effective. The processes occupied in medical transcription include:
- Correctness procedures: To accomplish the desired quality levels reports have to be checked at several phases like proofreader, editor and accuracy assurance group.
- Security: To safeguard confidential patient details, the service provider has to have processes in place to make sure of absolute HIPAA compliance.
Contracting out medical transcription enables healthcare facilities to benefit from the procedures honed by the service provider through their track record in fulfilling the needs of healthcare facilities
Setup: Online medical transcription requires infrastructure like:
- Space: Real estate allocated for voice transcription
- Transcription equipments: Computers, servers, foot pedals, headphones and software are required for transcription.
- Furniture & utilities: Tables, chairs and utilities like power etc.
Contracting out online medical transcription allows health facilities to avoid commitment in non-voice transcription related infrastructure.
It can be concluded that by outsourcing online medical transcription, healthcare practices can leverage on the know-how and track record of the transcription vendor. This helps healthcare practices in limiting the expenses of voice transcription to the expenditure per line of transcription. Not only this they would also save as much as 40% to 60% on the costs of in-house transcription. To gain from the maximum benefits of sub contracting voice transcription it is crucial to source the optimum medical transcription vendor, based on criteria like correctness, delivery time, confidentiality, costs and software and tools.
TransDyne provides excellent voice transcription at cost-effective rates, finished by expert transcriptionists with a very quick delivery time executed through secure HIPAA and HITECH compliant channels, with very high levels of quality and all this with information technology that is advanced but simple to operate!
To avail online medical transcription services from TransDyne, click here.