Medical transcription has always played an important role in the process leading to quality healthcare, by creating medical records of patients that are accurate, timely and secure. To meet this criteria of being accurate, timely and secure, the transcription process needs to have inputs like the right team, the right process and the right technology.
Though medical transcription plays an important role in the healthcare process, it is not part of the core business of the healthcare facility. Focusing on medical transcription would dilute the focus of the healthcare facility not only in terms of resources, but also in terms of time and efforts of the administrative, management, information technology and support staff. Outsourcing medical transcription to a professional service provider not only ensures speedy, accurate, secure and cost effective creation of patient records, but also saving on efforts.
How does outsourcing medical transcription help healthcare facilities save on efforts?
· Saving on effort for sourcing and training medical transcriptionists: The quality of medical transcription is largely dependent on the caliber of the transcriptionists. Recruiting and training the right talent is a continuous process. Outsourcing saves on the effort having to source and train the right team.
· Saving on effort of sourcing and maintaining equipment for medical transcription: Medical transcription requires equipment like computers, earphones, foot pedals, furniture etc.. Outsourcing medical transcription saves on the effort of sourcing and maintaining the equipment required the transcription process.
· Saving on effort of collecting and uploading audio files for transcription: Outsourced medical transcription service providers would have a process by which the dictation of healthcare professionals would automatically be transmitted to the service provider for the transcription process. This not only saves on the efforts of the support staff, it also ensures that speedy turnaround time.
· Saving on efforts for creating a system for medical transcription: Medical transcription needs to follow a certain process to ensure automatic creation of medical records, which would require a system for uploading dictation and downloading transcripts. Outsourcing ensures saving on the efforts of creating systems required for medical transcription
· Saving on efforts for following up for medical transcription work status: The outsourced medical transcription service provider would automatically provide job summaries of the audio files uploaded, the work in progress and finished transcripts, saving the efforts of the support staff.
· Saving on effort for ensuring accuracy and turnaround time: The efforts needed to ensure the highest level of accuracy and tight turnaround times would be saved by outsourcing medical transcription.
· Saving on efforts for document delivery: Different healthcare professionals require different modes of document delivery depending on the situation. Outsourcing medical transcription ensures that transcripts are delivered as per the modes specified by the healthcare professionals.
· Saving on efforts for ensuring HIPAA/ HITECH compliance during the medical transcription process: Medical transcription is a process where confidential data is transmitted back and forth, outsourcing would ensure that the service provider would have secure technology, secure processes, secure infrastructure and enlightened team to ensure HIPAA / HITECH compliance.
· Saving on efforts for managing the medical transcription process: The entire medical transcription process requires constant efforts to ensure quality standards are met with, to which end it is important to manage all the aspects that contribute to the process. Outsourcing ensures that the effort of managing entire transcription process professionally, is the onus of the service provider.
· Saving on efforts for continuously upgrading systems: The software and tools required for medical transcription need constant upgrades to be secure and efficient. When the transcription process is outsourced the service provider upgrades the system on a regular basis keeping it up to date.
One can see that outsourcing medical transcription to a professional service provider saves the efforts of the healthcare facility staff in numerous ways.
TransDyne, a leader in the outsourced medical transcription industry has been providing medical transcription services for over a decade. TransDyne has used their extensive background in information technology to create systems that provide maximum benefits and save on efforts.
TransDyne offers quality medical transcription at reasonable prices, executed by experienced and qualified medical transcriptionists with a very quick turnaround time executed through secure HIPAA and HITECH compliant channels, with very high levels of accuracy and all this with technology that is advanced but easy to use!
To avail outsourced medical transcription services from TransDyne, click here.