The healthcare business today is faced with many challenges. Being in the service industry it is required that healthcare facilities keep themselves in top form by coping with varying demands of its customers. The healthcare sector is faced with the need to cope with increasing standards of services, new developments in the field of healthcare, the need to constantly update infrastructure while still dealing with the same level of reimbursements leading to shrinking budgets. The need of the moment for healthcare facilities is to prioritize the core tasks they need to focus on and outsource all the rest.
Medical transcription has always played a vital role in the process of healthcare by creating patient records. Creation of patient records helps the healthcare facility in many ways:
- Provides the basis of continued care
- Provides information on the progress of treatment
- Acts as evidence in case of litigation
- Forms the basis of coding and billing leading to reimbursement
- Basis for referrals to other healthcare professionals
Outsourcing medical transcription ensures that records of the patient- healthcare professional encounter are created in a timely, accurate, secure and cost effective manner. However while outsourcing medical transcription it is important to source a medical transcription service provider who can provide a total solution to the medical transcription needs of the healthcare facility.
What is meant by total solutions for medical transcription needs?
Total solutions for medical transcription needs would consist of the following:
- Medical transcription solutions for varying volumes: In the healthcare business it is impossible to predict the inflow of patients and thereby it is not possible to predict the volume of transcription requirements. While outsourcing medical transcription it is important to evaluate the service provider on the basis of their ability to cope with varying volumes of transcription. To provide total solutions, the medical transcription service provider needs to be able to meet the holiday and weekend transcription requirements
- Quality medical transcription: Along with the ability to cope with varying volumes the medical transcription service provider also needs to ensure that the quality of transcription is maintained to minimize errors. While looking for total solutions for medical transcription requirements it is important to evaluate the medical transcription company on basis of methods used to ensure quality
· HIPAA and HITECH compliant: While outsourcing medical transcription it is important to ensure that the medical transcription service provider has adequate measures in place for protection of confidential patient information. Medical transcription service providers come under the purview of HIPAA and HITECH as business associates, as they have access to patient health information and are involved in the process of transmitting this data back and forth during the process of transcription
- Medical transcription for all specialties: While looking for total solutions for medical transcription it is important to evaluate the ability of the medical transcription service provider to cope with transcription needs of different specialties without compromising accuracy and turnaround time
- No additional investment required: While looking for total medical transcription solutions it is important to ensure that minimal or no investment is required to avail the services
- No overheads: One of the major advantages of outsourcing medical transcription is the cost factor. Outsourcing medical transcription not only ensures enormous cost savings to the healthcare facility, but also ensures that the healthcare facility incurs no indirect expenses like overheads. While looking for total solutions it is important to ascertain that cost is restricted to the cost per line of transcription
- Software and tools for medical transcription: Technology plays a vital role in medical transcription, both for ease of use and for security purposes. While sourcing total solutions for medical transcription services it is important to evaluate the technological capabilities of the medical transcription service provider.
TransDyne, a leader in the outsourced medical transcription industry offers total solutions to suit varying need of different of different kinds of healthcare facilities. TransDyne has teams of medical transcriptionists who are trained in different specialties, making them domain experts. This ensures that TransDyne can cope with medical transcription for any specialty with an accuracy level of above 99%. TransDyne offers a turnaround time of 24 hours with an option of a turnaround time of 4-12 hours for STAT files.
TransDyne has the technical capabilities to integrate with the existing systems of healthcare facilities, requiring no additional investments. TransDyne offers medical transcription for weekends and holidays, and has people and systems in place to cope up with varying volumes of transcription. TransDyne has software and tools that offer additional features like archiving, remote printing & faxing among other benefits. TransDyne ensures security of confidential patient information, by securing people processes, infrastructure and technology
To avail total medical transcription services from TransDyne, click here.