Outsourcing medical transcription to the right service provider has many advantages. The more obvious ones being accurate, timely, economical and secure creation of records. Apart from the obvious, outsourcing medical transcription has many strategic advantages, one of them being the service provider tailoring their services according to what the healthcare facility may require.
It is a well-known fact that the healthcare field is constantly evolving, new things are being discovered on a daily basis, both in terms of new ailments as well as new remedies in the form of medication, procedures, therapies and surgery methods. It is important that the person/s documenting the patient records be well versed with the latest developments. Moreover the norms for documentation as well technological changes in the medical transcription field also keep evolving. All these need to be incorporated without incurring additional costs.
How does outsourcing medical transcription help healthcare facilities cope up with the changing environment?
Outsourcing medical transcription can help healthcare facilities cope up with the changing environment by anticipating their needs and tailoring their services accordingly.
Solutions are provided for changing needs of the healthcare facilities by the following methods:
- Training methods: Training methods adopted by the medical transcription service provider have impact on the following areas.
- Coping with varying volumes: By constantly recruiting and maintaining a large team of medical transcriptionists, the medical transcription service provider would be able to maintain accuracy levels and meet turnaround time commitments even with huge influx of patients.
- Dealing with specialties: A medical transcription service provider that creates specialist medical transcriptionists by training them in one or two specialties enables them to cope varying needs of the healthcare facilities, when new specialties are added. Moreover updating the medical transcriptionists on the latest developments in the particular specialty becomes more efficient. The medical transcriptionists are well versed with the terminology used and with the formats required enabling them to meet the highest standards of accuracy within optimum turnaround time.
- Adopting technology: Technology adopted by the medical transcription service provider has impact on the following areas:
- Flexible uploads and downloads: Medical transcription uses technology for dictation, uploading of audio files and downloading of finished transcripts. The technology used by the medical transcription service provider needs to be advanced to cope with all these needs and at the time need to be easy to use.
- Powerful archiving: Healthcare facilities have a huge number of healthcare professionals dictating sizable volumes of dictation on a daily basis. The healthcare facility would also be receiving huge volume of transcribed files on a daily basis. Tracing these files, dictated as well as transcribed at any given point of time can be very difficult. Anticipating this the service provider needs to use a system which has powerful archival features to enable all these functions.
- Security: Security of data during transmission is on of the main concerns of healthcare facilities. Technology used by the service provider needs to provide for the security of data at all levels.
- Integration with EMR: Adoption of EMR needs that the service provider has HL7 interface to enable transmission of data into the EMR system without additional investment.
TransDyne is a professional medical transcription service provider that has always anticipated the needs of healthcare facilities and also incorporated the latest developments in the field of healthcare, while offering outsourced medical transcription solutions to healthcare facilities.
TransDyne offers medical transcription at reasonable prices, done by expert medical transcriptionists with a very quick turnaround time executed through secure HIPAA and HITECH compliant channels, with very high levels of accuracy and all this with technology that is advanced but easy to use.
To avail outsourced medical transcription solutions from TransDyne, click here.