Much has been said about healthcare, one often ignored factor about healthcare is that, it is a business in spite of being a life & death/ quality of life improving service. Like any other business the goals of healthcare facilities are straightforward; to be able to provide quality healthcare services while still maintaining a healthy bottom-line. In order to achieve these goals it is important for healthcare facilities to concentrate on their core activities and outsource all other activities that are not part of the core.
Outsourcing non-core activities will have an impact on the following:
· Improved focus on the core business of providing quality healthcare
· Reducing allocation of limited resources on non-core activities
The healthcare process is a complex one, drawing inputs from numerous sources to complete the process of providing quality healthcare. One such input that contributes significantly to the healthcare process is the information captured in patient records. Medical transcription is the process of creating patient medical records by transcribing the audio files of the patient-healthcare professional encounter into text format. Patient records are not only vital for providing continued care to patients they also play a vital role in the process of reimbursement.
However medical transcription is a process that requires the right combination of people, processes and technology to be able to be accurate, timely, secure and cost effective. To be able to produce medical transcription that meets all these criteria, the healthcare facility has to dedicate a substantial portion of its resources in terms of investment, manpower, time and other resources to the process of medical transcription.
Outsourcing medical transcription has proven to be an effective solution for the medical transcription needs of healthcare facilities without compromising quality and security standards. In fact outsourcing medical transcription has proven to curb both direct and indirect expenses incurred for in-house medical transcription.
How does outsourcing medical transcription offer effective solutions?
The word effective has been defined as producing or capable of producing an intended result. By this definition outsourced medical transcription services are effective. They meet the criteria used to evaluate medical transcription:
· Accuracy: Outsourcing medical transcription ensures that patient records are created with maximum accuracy. The medical transcription service provider would ensure accuracy by having a well-trained team of medical transcriptionists working the transcripts and by having an effective quality process to ensure errors are minimized.
· Turnaround time: Outsourcing medical transcription would ensure timely creation of patient records by using the right technology, the right process and the right team. Meeting turnaround time standards would ensure that the process of providing healthcare is unhindered and also ensure that the process of reimbursement takes place on time.
· Security: Preserving the confidentiality of patient records is an important consideration for healthcare facilities. By outsourcing medical transcription the onus of providing for the security of patient information during the transcription process is on the service provider. Security of patient information would effectively ensured by the medical transcription service provider by securing processes, technology and the team.
· Lowering costs: Outsourcing medical transcription ensures that not only is the cost per line of transcription reduced by 40%-50% but also is also restricted to the cost per line of transcription. All indirect and overhead expenses are eliminated
· Other benefits: Apart from being accurate, timely, secure and cost effective, outsourced medical transcription offers other benefits incurring from the technology used, like:
a) Retaining familiar modes of dictation
c) Flexible modes of document delivery
d) Remote printing and faxing
e) HL7 interface etc.
TransDyne a leader in the outsourced medical transcription industry offers complete medical transcription solutions. TransDyne offers quality medical transcription at reasonable prices, executed by experienced and qualified medical transcriptionists with a very quick turnaround time executed through secure HIPAA and HITECH compliant channels, with very high levels of accuracy and all this with technology that is advanced but easy to use!
To avail effective medical transcription services from TransDyne, click here.